Friday, April 24, 2015

$Cutting Cost$


So today we have been discussing & researching how to cut costs of our monthly expenses.
Of course cell phone bills, cable, internet, etc. are the main areas we are looking at to try to trim down the budget.
We do use the internet A LOT for multiple different things. But the majority of our TV we watch is DVR'd...
So with my (BRILLIANT) thinking, I have researched the idea of streaming TV from the internet. I feel like we could save around $100 a month just with this change. And possibly get thousands of new viewing content.
In all the places I've looked I keep coming across the "Roku" device. This offers internet capability to ANY type TV. Even an old console model that I had when I was a kid! LOL! They have several options available depending on what type TV (age, HD, smartness, etc) you may have, that will allow you to stream 1700+ channels & movies. It also gives you the capability to access other streaming services like Netfilx, Hulu, & Amazon, to name a few, that will have additional content for under $10 monthly. I think that it is worth a shot when we are trying to sacrifice to pay off debt & maybe it wont be that much of a lifestyle change.
We will see what the verdict is!

No comments:

Post a Comment